3-Tier Wedding Cake Class (5 week course)
Make your own 3 tier wedding cake. Come and learn the basics.
Out of stock
This class is all about techniques. During the class, we will teach you how to prepare and cover a sponge base, fruit base and dummy cakes, producing a professional smooth finish. You will then learn how to safely dowel and stack the layers to create a tiered American style (stacked) Cake. This technique can be used for many tiers. During the next 5 weeks you will be taught various skills including colour your paste, piping dots and beads with royal icing, simple cut outs, edible bows and ribbon. At the end of the course you will have learnt many inside secrets of the professional cake decorating world, which will aid you in creating professional looking wedding cakes in the future. A fantastic course if you are embarking on your first ever wedding cake. Take away your own three tier masterpieces to impress your family and friends. Why not make this your wedding cake?
- How to prepare your sponge cake, including how to split, cut and perfectly level a cake ready to work on.
- How to apply a crumb coat to the cake and an explanation of why this is necessary.
- How to prepare a fruit base and cover with marzipan
- How to make professional Royal Icing and basic piping skills.
- How to work with dowels and other specialist tools.
- How to use Moulds and various professional equipment.
- How to use food colouring properly and explain the differences between paste, gel, liquid and powder colours.
- How to work with a dummy cake and achieve a PERFECT finish (many professional tiered cakes have several dummy layers, so this is an essential skill if you intend to make cakes with several tiers).
- How to cover a cake in sugarpaste and the tricks behind a clean finish and properly securing the paste (no more bumpy bits).
- How to stack cakes properly so they are secure, straight and neat.
- How to properly use ribbons to decorate cakes and board.
- How to cover a board
- How to use the new edible paper
This course is held in our new teaching facility The Studio. Free Car parking is available very nearby. We are situated within yards of the local bus station and taxi rank, with only a five-minute walk to Atherstone train station (with an hourly service seven-days-a-week to most locations including London and Crewe). Based in the heart of the Midlands Atherstone is on the main A5 national route and close to the M42 motorway, allowing easy access to Birmingham Airport. The Studio offers an informal relaxed atmosphere and as we only cater for small numbers, it ensures you will get a very close and personal teaching experience. Places are limited so book today to avoid disappointment! Don’t delay and miss out on this wonderful opportunity to attend a class with an award-winning college (Winner of best college two-years consecutively at Cake International).
At our school of excellence, we focus on providing quality run courses taught by our head of school, Lynda Gilbey, experienced and highly qualified tutor, approved by Knightsbridge PME and a Senior Salon Culinaire, Lead NISE and Judge for Cake International. At the CakeArt Studio you can be sure of an excellent service in a professional environment. Our class only caters for a maximum of eight students, ensuring you get individual attention in intimate friendly surroundings.
Week 1-5 (TBC)
The course price includes everything you need to decorate your cake. A fruit base, sponge base and dummy plus all boards will also be provided. We will provide all the, materials, all sugarcraft tools, equipment and refreshments. Students can take advantage of 10% discount on items purchased in the cake decorating supplies shop on the day of your course.
You need to bring an apron, a box to transport your masterpiece home and your enthusiasm.
You may also like…
- Our Story
- Order Cakes
- Mothers Day
- Valentines Treats
- Order Cakes & Home Bakes
- Order Celebration Cakes
- Order Home Bakes
- Cream Teas
- Bakery & Chocolate Classes
- Children & Young Adult
- Fun & Short
- Craft & Painting Classes
- Guest Tutors
- Class Dates