Tree Bark Effect Tiered Wedding Cake Class (2 Day event)
This class is all about techniques. During the class, we will teach you how to prepare and cover a sponge base, fruit base and dummy cakes, producing a professional smooth finish.
This class is all about techniques. During the class, we will teach you how to prepare and cover a sponge base, fruit base and dummy cakes, producing a professional smooth finish. You will then learn how to safely dowel and stack the layers to create a tiered American style (stacked) Cake. This technique can be use for many tiers. On day two you will be shown the new wafer paper bark effect technique which you will embellish two tiers of your cake. To complete the weekend we will be producing a large sugar rose and hydrangea petal arrangement to adorn your completed cake. A fantastic course if you are embarking on your first ever wedding cake. Take away your own three tier masterpiece to impress your family and friends. Why not make this your wedding cake?
- How to prepare your sponge cake, including how to split, cut and perfectly level a cake ready to work on.
- How to apply a crumb coat to the cake and an explanation of why this is necessary.
- How to prepare a fruit base and cover with marzipan
- How to produce the new wafer paper bark effect.
- How to work with dowels and other specialist tools.
- How to use petal paste, flower cutters and various professional equipment.
- How to use food colouring properly and explain the differences between paste, gel, liquid and powder colours.
- How to work with a dummy cake and achieve a PERFECT finish (many professional tiered cakes have several dummy layers so this is an essential skill if you intend to make cakes with several tiers).
- How to cover a cake in sugarpaste and the tricks behind a clean finish and properly securing the paste (no more bumpy bits).
- How to stack cakes properly so they are secure, straight and neat.
- How to properly use ribbons to decorate cakes and board.
- How to cover a board
- Make a sugar rose and hydrangea petal spray
Please note: whilst we will endeavour to complete all of itinerary it will depend on individuals time management.
Payment can be made in full and receive a 10% cash back or pay on our instalment plan (email for information )
The course price includes everything you need to decorate your cake. A fruit base, sponge base and dummy plus all boards will also be provided. We will provide all the, materials, all sugarcraft tools, equipment and liquid refreshments.
Please bring an apron, mask, antibacterial spray kitchen tool and box to take your finished masterpiece home safely.
We are unable to serve hot or cold drinks so ask that you bring your own. we will have a lunch break where the student will be asked to leave the premises so staff are able to clean and sterilise. Please make arrangements for your own lunch outside the building.
Please note all covid regulations, terms and conditions will be adhered to. Terms and condition are updated regularly to keep inline with Government guidelines
This course is held in our new teaching facility The Studio. Free Car parking is available very nearby. We are situated within yards of the local bus station and taxi rank, with only a five-minute walk to Atherstone train station (with an hourly service seven-days-a-week to most locations including London and Crewe). Based in the heart of the Midlands Atherstone is on the main A5 national route and close to the M42 motorway, allowing easy access to Birmingham Airport. The Studio offers an informal relaxed atmosphere and as we only cater for small numbers, it ensures you will get a very close and personal teaching experience. Places are limited so book today to avoid disappointment! Don’t delay and miss out on this wonderful opportunity to attend a class with an award-winning college (Winner of best college two-years consecutively at Cake International).
At our school of excellence, we focus on providing quality run courses taught by our head of school, Lynda Gilbey, experienced and highly qualified tutor, approved by Knightsbridge PME and a Senior Salon Culinaire, Lead NISE and Judge for Cake International. At the CakeArt Studio you can be sure of an excellent service in a professional environment. Our class only caters for a maximum of eight students, ensuring you get individual attention in intimate friendly surroundings.
Day 1 @9:30am-5pm
Day 2 @9:30am-finish